November 2, 2012 |
Well people, November is here. Take a minute this weekend to look around, because the next thing you know, you’re going to wake up hung-over on January 1 wondering what happened to the end of the year. Thankfully, you’ve got three whole days to spread your wings and do a bunch of cool, FREE, fall-themed stuff. So go do it!
- The event of the weekend is definitely The Urban Food Fair. We wrote a whole post about it, but I’ve got to tell you, it’s going to be a food-lover’s dream. It happens this Sunday from 11:00am-4:00pm at Seattle University.
- But first, warm up your belly at the 52nd Annual Fall Bazaar at the Polish Home Association. They sell crafts, but they also sell perogies and cabbage rolls!
- It’s not only November, it’s Movember. So if you can grow a beard, don’t you dare shave it. Use your testosterone to raise some funds to fight cancer. Find out more information here.
- Wine. Bacon. FREE. Wine World in Fremont is doing a Wine and Bacon Pairing Saturday afternoon featuring bacon from Bill the Butcher. I am SO in on this, it’s ridiculous.
- Yay beer! Two Beers Brewing Company celebrates their fifth birthday on Saturday afternoon with a party. Raise a toast to drink specials and try their Anniversary Double IPA (wowza)
- So technically, Dia de Los Muertos was on Thursday, but you can celebrate at Olympic Sculpture Park on Friday. Go to their FREE El Dia de Los Muertos Artist Reception at 6:00pm for food, mask making, poetry, dance and music.
- Macrina Bakery is one of my favorite brunch spots, so I’m going to have to get myself a copy of their new brunch cookbook. This Saturday, stop by the cafe on 1st Avenue in Belltown for FREE samples and baking classes from some serious pros to celebrate the launch of the new book.
Now you can stop reading this and start your weekend. How are you digging in to the last weekend before the hectic holiday season really kicks in? Talk to us on Facebook, Twitter or in the comment section below.
Leave a Reply